Jeff Yuan of Apotex made a presentation on Apotex COVID-19: Site Management Plan. The key points were:
The purpose of the Plan is to prevent and contain COVID-19 and demonstrate due diligence for Public Health, WSIB and MOL.
The Preventative Measures implemented include:
- A working from home policy.
- Self-monitoring & screening.
- Screening contractors and vendors.
- International screening.
- Changing cafeteria arrangements.
- Limiting the numbers of employees allowed in certain areas.
- Eliminating the cross-over of shifts.
- Restricting travel between Apotex sites.
- Controlling locker room access.
- Segregating of hallway traffic.
- Sharing & communicating the Plan.
- PA announcements & posted signage reminders of COVID-19 protocols.
- Mandatory mask usage on site.
- Restricting the number of entrances and temperature screening at entrances.
- Employee training and testing.
- No sharing of work vehicles.
Apotex is contact tracing for presumptive or positive cases.
Effectiveness checking is undertaken using audits of site controls, management walkthroughs, getting feedback from employees and regular reviews on updated COVID-19 guideline through Public Health.
Facility changes were made to the cafeteria, locker rooms, hallways & stairwells, temperature screening, cleaning and signage.
The presentation concluded with an outline on the managing process for confirmed cases, notifications for any workplace outbreaks and available resources.